Wednesday 20 June 2012

tiramisu

Hitchhiking always places my beliefs in people in a very high place! I love the fact that people who have no idea who you are, where you're from, where you've been decide to extend their hand in friendship and kindness and offer you help to your destination. Occasionally you even get some crazy strangers who decide to offer you a place to rest your head for the night and a hearty breakfast in the morning. Some do even more on top of that, they spend the entire day with you, showing you around their city. All the nooks and crannies that you would never have found on your own. These acts of kindness make me faith in humanity. They make me see the bright side of life and let me wear those pink sunglasses for a while. For me that is one of the most beautiful things that can possibly happen because it wakes up all my senses and puts me in this joyful optimistic bubble. Of course I don't end up staying in this euphoric state forever but it's so magical while it lasts. It allows me to forget about the worlds' horrors of the past and future and makes me focus on the beauty of the now. So if you ever see a hitchhiker on the road, give them the benefit of the doubt and pick them up. You won't regret it. 





                                                                                                                                 
I hitchhiked, took trucks 'n' trains--anything that would pick me up.
– John Lee Hooker

No comments:

Post a Comment